Couldn't find what you were looking for in the Hekman Library? Good news: the Hekman Library can borrow books from other libraries for you.
If a BOOK you are looking for is not in the Hekman Library's collection, your first step should be to search MeLCat. MeLCat (Michigan eLibrary Catalog) is a state-wide database representing the holdings of nearly every library in Michigan (except for University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)--more than 6 million unique book titles.
When you search MeLCat, you can request that an item be sent to Hekman Library for pick up at the main circulation desk on 2nd floor.
1. Click the link that says "Get this for Me!"
2. Select Calvin College from the drop down menu.
3. Give your name and your Calvin username.
4. Wait to be notified via email that your book has arrived.
5. Pick up at the main circulation desk (2nd floor).
This process typically takes 3-5 days
If you are looking for a journal article, e-book, DVD, CD, or other item, OR if the book you are looking for was not in the MeLCat catalog, you can still use InterLibrary Loan to get it.
One way to search for items that you might want to access through InterLibrary Loan is WorldCat, a catalog that searches the records of thousands of libraries worldwide.